End of Year 3
- Compare and order numbers up to 1000. Read and write all numbers up to 1000 in digits & words.
- Find 10 or 100 more/less than a given number.
- Count from 0 in multiples of 4, 8, 50 & 100. Recall and use multiplication and division facts for 3, 4 and 8 tables.
- Recognise place value of any 3-digit number.
- Add and subtract mentally 3-digit numbers & ones, tens & hundreds. Add and subtract numbers with up to 3-digits using efficient written methods (column).
- Multiply 2-digit by 1-digit numbers.
- Count up/down in tenths.
- Compare and order fractions with the same denominator.
- Add and subtract fractions with the same denominator within whole.
- Know pairs of fractions that total 1.
- Add and subtract amounts of money to give change, using both £ and p in practical contexts.
- Tell time using 12 and 24 hour clocks and using Roman numerals.
- Tell time to the nearest minute.
- Know number of days in each month.
- Recognise angels as a property of shape or a description of a turn.
- Comments on the way characters relate to one another.
- Knows which words are essential in a sentence to retain meaning.
- Draw inferences such as inferring characters’ feelings, thoughts and motives from their actions. Recognise how commas are used to give more meaning.
- Recognise: - plurals - pronouns and how used - collective nouns - adverbs
- Can explain the difference that adjectives and verbs make.
- Use conjunctions (when, so, before, after, while, because).
- Use adverbs (e.g. then, next, soon).
- Use prepositions (e.g. before, after, during, in, because of).
- Experiment with adjectives to create impact.
- Correctly use verbs in 1st, 2nd and 3rd person.
- Use perfect form of verbs to mark relationships of time and cause.
- Correct use of speech marks for direct speech.
- Group ideas into paragraphs around a theme.
- Write under headings and sub-headings.
- Legible, joined handwriting.