End of Year 1
- Count to and across 100, forwards and backwards from any number.
- Read and write numbers to 20 in digits and words. Read & write numbers to 100 in digits.
- Say 1 more/1 less to 100.
- Count in multiples of 1, 2, 5, and 10.
- Know number bonds to 10 off by heart.
- Use bonds and subtraction facts to 20.
- Add and subtract: 1 digit and 2 digit numbers to 20, including zero
- Add any three 1-digit numbers with a total up to 20.
- Solve simple multiplication and division with apparatus and arrays.
- Recognise half and quarter of object, shape or quantity.
- Sequence events in order.
- Use language of day, week, month and year.
- Tell the time to the hour and half past.
- Measure and record length, mass/weight, capacity and time.
- Name 2-D and 3-D shapes including rectangles, squares, circles, triangles, cuboids, cubes, pyramids and spheres.
- Secure with blending and segmenting unknown words.
- Reads most high frequency words.
- Relate reading to own experiences.
- Re-reads if reading does not make sense.
- Re-tell with considerable accuracy. · Discuss significance of title and events.
- Make predictions on basis of what has been read.
- Make inferences on basis of what is being said and done.
- Reads with pace and expression, i.e. pause at full stop; raise voice for question.
- Knows difference between fiction and non-fiction texts.
- Write clearly demarcated sentences. Use ‘and’ to join ideas.
- Use conjunctions to join sentences (e.g. so, but).
- Use standard forms of verbs, e.g. go/went.
- Evidence of capital letters, full stops, question marks and exclamation marks.
- Capital letters for names and personal pronoun ‘I’.
- Clearly sequenced sentences (as introduction to paragraphs).
- Correct formation of lower case – neat print.
- Correct formation of capital letters.
- Correct formation of digits.