Age related expectations end of Reception
- Count reliably to 20.
- Order numbers 1 – 20.
- Say 1 more/ 1 less to 20.
- Add and subtract two single digit numbers.
- Solve problems including doubling, halving and sharing.
- Talk about and solve problems involving size, capacity, position, distance, time and money.
- Secure with initial sounds and learning to blend and segment cvc words.
- Read some high frequency words.
- Identify rhymes and alliteration.
- Join in with rhyming patterns.
- Read and understand simple sentences.
- Demonstrate understanding when talking with others about what they have read.
- Make basic predictions.
- Identify start and end of a sentence.
- Write simple sentences which can be read by themselves and others.
- Use capital letters and full stops to demarcate sentences.
- Clearly demarcated sentences (as introduction to paragraphs).
- Correct grip.
- Write names (correct upper and lower case).
- Correct letter formation for all letters.