End of Year 6
- Compare and order numbers up to 10,000,000 · Round any whole number to a required degree of accuracy
- Use negative numbers in context · Solve number and practical problems that involve all of the above Multiply and divide a 4-digit by 2-digit number using a formal written method · Identify common factors, common multiples and prime numbers
- Solve problems involving addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, deciding which operations and methods to use and why
- Add and subtract fractions with different denominators and mixed numbers
- Multiply simple pairs of proper fractions, writing the answer in the simplest form · Divide proper fractions by whole numbers
- Multiply 1-digit numbers with up to two decimal places by whole numbers
- Calculate % of whole number
- Use simple formulae
- Express missing number problems algebraically
- Calculate the area of parallelograms and triangles
- Refers to text to support opinions and predictions.
- Gives a view about choice of vocabulary, structure etc.
- Distinguish between fact and opinion.
- Appreciates how a set of sentences has been arranged to create maximum effect.
- Recognise complex sentences.
- Skims and scans to aide note-taking.
- Use subordinate clauses to write complex sentences.
- Use passive voice where appropriate.
- Use expanded noun phrases to convey complicated information concisely (e.g. The fact that it was raining meant the end of sports day).
- Evidence of sentence structure and layout matched to requirements of text type.
- Semi-colon, colon, dash to mark the boundary between independent clauses.
- Correct punctuation of bullet points.
- Hyphens to avoid ambiguity.
- Full range of punctuation matched to requirements of text type.
- Wide range of devices to build cohesion within and across paragraphs.
- Use paragraphs to signal change in time, scene, action, mood or person.
- Legible, fluent and personal style.