End of Year 4
- Count backwards through zero to include negative numbers. Compare and order numbers beyond 1000. Compare and orders numbers with 2 decimal places.
- Read Roman numerals to 100. · Find 1000 more/less than a given number.
- Count in multiples of 6, 7, 9, 25 & 1000. Recall and use multiplication & division facts of all tables to 12 x 12.
- Recognise place value of any 4-digit number.
- Round any number to the nearest 10, 100 or 1000. Round decimals with 1dp to nearest whole number.
- Solve number and practical problems that involve all of the above.
- Add & subtract numbers up to 4-digits using efficient written method (column) and numbers with up to 1 decimal place.
- Multiply 2-digit by 1-digit and 3-digit by 1-digit. Divide 3- digit by 1-digit.
- Count up/down in hundredths. Write equivalent fractions. Add and subtract fractions with the same denominator.
- Read, write and convert time between analogue and digital 12 & 24 hour clocks.
- Measure and calculate the perimeter and area of simple shapes.
- Identify acute and obtuse angles. Compare and order angles.
- Give a personal point of view on a text.
- Can re-explain a text with confidence.
- Justify inferences with evidence, predicting what might happen from details stated or implied.
- Use appropriate voices for characters within a story.
- Identify how sentence type can be changed by altering word order, tenses, adding/deleting words or amending punctuation.
- Skims and scans to locate information and/or answer a question.
- Vary sentence structure, using different openers.
- Use adjectival phrases (e.g. biting cold wind).
- Appropriate choice of noun or pronoun.
- Apostrophe for singular and plural possession.
- Comma after fronted adverbial (e.g. Later that day, I heard bad news.).
- Use commas to mark clauses.
- Use connectives to link paragraphs.
- Legible, joined handwriting of consistent quality.