Welcome to Class 7
Teacher: Miss Meadows
People who help in our class:
- We have P.E on a Tuesday afternoon with Mrs Pattison
- We have Swimming on a Monday morning.
- Swimming kit should include - trunks/costume, towel and goggles(optional).
- We have a spelling test every Friday (new spellings, for the following week, are given every Friday).
- We try to read 3 times per week and get our Reading Journal written in.
- We try to go on Mathletics as often as possible - please ask for your login if you don't know it.
- We have a piece of Maths homework every week - it goes out on a Thursday and is due back the following Wednesday.
- Please read the attached Homework Letter for the expectations. Homework letter.doc
- Tapestry is an online learning journal that the whole school is using. Each child has their own secure account where the class teacher regularly uploads examples of your child’s work. You can access this via a tablet, desktop computer or phone once the school has connected your email address to your child’s account. There are instructions below about how to use a phone to access tapestry. You can also find more information about it on the Tapestry website on https://eylj.org
- Please use the links for further set up information - Guide to Tapestry - Android / Guide to Tapestry - IOS
In our first half term we are looking at letter writing linked to our topic of the Egyptians. We have already worked hard to look at the features of letters and identify why you would send a letter. Come back later to find out what else we have learnt.
We have also got an exciting trip to Morley Town Hall coming up to meet an author - Emma Barnes - which we are very much looking forward to. Hopefully there will be pictures to follow from our afternoon.
Number and Place Value is our first area of maths this year and we have done lots of work on the value of different digits and ordering numbers beyond 1000. We are thinking about our growth mindset in maths and picking work that challenges us in all lessons!
We kicked off our topic this year with a trip down to the forest school. Ms Talbot came to tell us that some ancient artefacts had been found on the building site next door and wondered if we might be able to find anything of our own in school. We had lots of fun digging and unearthing a range of artefacts. Come back later to see some pictures of our exciting afternoon.
Curriculum Long Term Plans - Please follow link -Year 4 Curriculum Plan
There are currently no comments.