Class 6 Teacher: Mrs Mullen.
Hello and welcome to Class 6’s web page. We are a wonderfully hard working class who are developing their growth mindset on a daily basis. We enjoy challenging ourselves as well as being creative.
If you have any questions about Year 3 or specific questions about Class 6 then please just ask.
Teacher: Mrs Mullen.
People who work with us: Mrs Mallinder, Mrs Pattison, Mrs Oyston and Mrs Bailey.
- We have P.E on a Wednesday (Year 3)
- We have Swimming on a Wednesday (Year 4)
- We have Games on a Monday (Year 3 and 4).
- We have a spelling test every Friday (new spellings, for the following week, are given every Friday).
- We try to read 3 times per week and get our Reading Record signed.
- We try to go on Mathletics as often as possible.
- We have a piece of Maths homework every week - it goes out on a Thursday and is due back the following Wednesday.
- Please read the attached Homework Letter for the expectations. Homework letter.doc
- Tapestry is an online learning journal that the whole school is using. Each child has their own secure account where the class teacher regularly uploads examples of your child’s work. You can access this via a tablet, desktop computer or phone once the school has connected your email address to your child’s account. There are instructions below about how to use a phone to access tapestry. You can also find more information about it on the Tapestry website on https://eylj.org
- Please use the links for further set up information - Guide to Tapestry - Android / Guide to Tapestry - IOS
English - This half term we will be focussing on biographies. We will be looking at the features of a biography, learning a biography off by heart and then, after carrying out some research, we will write a biography.
History - We will be asking, 'What is so special about the U.S.A?'. Can you list all 50 states? Now there's a challenge!
Maths - Our Maths lessons will be focussing on fractions and measures. During our fraction work we will be finding unit and non-unit fractions of amounts and shapes, working out equivalent fractions, ordering and comparing fractions as well as adding and subtracting fractions. How many equivalent fractions can you list?
Computing - We will be continuing with animation in our computing sessions. We will be using two animation programs, Pivot and Jellycam, to create an animation clip.
Spanish Market (El mercado) - This week in Spanish the children had the opportunity to visit El mercado! They had the chance to practice the Spanish they have learnt over the last half term by asking for different foods.
Please take a moment to look at the photographs on the Lower Key Stage 2 page.
Curriculum Long Term Plans - Please follow link -Year 3 Curriculum Plan
As always we are busy, busy, busy!
If you have any questions please contact a member of the Lower Key Stage 2 team.
Wake Up Shake Up competition.
REMEMBER the competition is on Friday 22nd April so get practising! Well, we don't want Class 10 to win again, do we!?!?
Please feel free to come and ask any questions you may have.
There are currently no comments.